Sunday, February 22, 2009

How Did I Get Here?

What brings me to blog? Frustration. After many years together, by the time my fiance and I started planning our wedding, we had a lot of ideas about what we wanted the event to be like (creative, non-traditional, festive, artsy) and a LOT of ideas about what we didn't want it to be like (conventional, formal, stale, average).

Yet, as we set out for what we thought would be an effortless planning adventure, we became very frustrated very quickly. Why was is so difficult to find a cool venue to host a wedding in San Diego? We turned to the internet for help...and came up short. Want to have your wedding on the beach? How about a reception in a hotel ballroom? How about a hotel on the coast where you can have your ceremony on the beach and your reception in their ballroom? If that's what you're looking for, then San Diego and it's wedding online communities has lots of options for you. Looking for advice about having your reception at a small restaurant, loft, gallery or other unexpected site? Well, there's not much out there to help you plan.

As I read so many other wonderful wedding blogs that are full of info about great venues in New York, Brooklyn, Portland, Seattle or San Francisco, I thought "I wish someone in San Diego would start a great wedding blog!" So, I hope that by sharing my wedding planning journey with you, other unconventional San Diego brides can turn to this blog for inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I found this blog! Though I'm planning my own wedding on the east coast (from San Diego) I have just started planning my friend's San Diego wedding. We were getting pretty frustrated on our venue search until we landed the Marston House. Can't wait to continue reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete