Sunday, August 2, 2009

Groom Guest Blog: Following Suit

*Sorry for the lack of posts last week -- I'll try to not let that happen again this week! Let's get the week kicked off right with a Groom Guest Blog from JT: the suit has been purchased!

After a long day of trying on suits (probably about a dozen or more after all was said and done), I had a lot of different retailers and looks to consider. But when it came right down to it, only about three different suits I tried on really had a chance of coming home to my closet. The finalists were Banana Republic, Theory and Ted Baker.

With the idea that trying on the suits I liked a second time would help me reach a decision, we started right back where we came from, at Ted Baker. This time around, Candice suggested I try the suit(s) on with a dress shirt and a pair of dress shoes, just to get the complete picture of how I would look once everything came together.

I stepped out of the dressing room, and my decision was made. It's funny how much of a difference a few seemingly minor elements make, but once the complete outfit was on, I knew that this* was the suit. And once the tailor was called in to get the measurements just right, I was able to visualize just how awesome it would look once all the alterations were made.

So, I tip my hat to Ted Baker, and their fab selection, from which I was able to find the one special suit I would have the honor of wearing on my wedding day.

*editor's note: the suit shown in the link isn't the exact suit -- it's the same cut, but the fabric pattern and color is slightly different. For reference, it's the second of the Ted Baker suits in JT's previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment