Friday, March 6, 2009

Good things come in small packages

I spent almost 12 hours at the office on Friday. Towards the end of the day, I called JT to tell him that since I would be home pretty late, I'd like him to pick up dinner. He informed me that he came home to find that there was no power at the house. It was a long week.

So totally worn out, I returned home, thinking about how hungry I was and how much work lay ahead of me for the weekend, but when I got home, not only was the power back on, but I found this sitting on the bed:


There it is - our wedding ceremony permit.

I think we both knew that we wanted to have our ceremony at the Marston House garden in Balboa Park before we knew anything else about when or where our wedding would be. I used to work in Balboa Park, and I've always loved it. It's tucked away in the northwest corner of the park, so there's usually not many people that make the trek up to see it. But once you're there, there are all these great little nooks and crannies...it's beautiful.



For those of you paying very close attention, yes, there is a planter right smack in the middle of the lawn. I've looked around at other blogs, boards, Flickr galleries, etc, to see what other people have done to avoid the planter when creating the aisle, but it seems like everyone pretty much just walks around it. I think we can come up with some more creative way of arranging the seating to make it so that the planter doesn't end up actually being in the aisle. But we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment