Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Che Bella Fiori

A lot of wedding blogs that I frequently read have a lot of posts that focus on three areas: 1. invitations 2. flowers and 3. accessories. Clearly, I love posting about accessories as well and love finding fun accessory vendors on other blogs. However, when it came to invites and flowers, I didn't need any inspiration. I already knew which vendors I planned on using.

You already know about our invite vendor, but you're probably wondering exactly who this florist is! JT and I knew pretty much from the start that we really wanted to work with Che Bella in Little Italy.

We chose them based on two main reasons. First, for the last five years, JT has been using them any time that he has bought/sent flowers to me for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. For our 5 year (dating*) anniversary, he had a dozen roses delivered to my office, and they were the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. Ever. Everyone at work was in total awe. In fact, when he proposed, he kicked off the proposal by sending me another small Che Bella arrangement to my office with a card that read "Here's to the start of a great weekend." Little did I know that he would be proposing less than 2 hours later.




Our second reason for choosing them was the fact that Che Bella regularly supplies the floral arrangements for our reception venue, Bleu Boheme. That means that they already have an intimate knowledge of the restaurant's look and feel, and they understand how to complement it. Here's an example of some floral arrangements at the restaurant recently.



Budget florist they are not, but true artists they definitely are. I love hiring folks that I don't have to give much instruction to -- my ideal vendor will take my general ideas about theme and "feel" and run with it, taking care of all the details so that I don't have to think about them. And that's what we will get with Che Bella, which I why I'm really looking forward to working with them!

*Last December, we celebrated our eight year dating anniversary. It seems so funny that after having been together for so many years, we'll be pushing the reset button in November and will be celebrating a one-year anniversary in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog! Thank you so much for blogging about us. We are very excited about working with you too. And we are very happy to be a part of your story. It's one of the best things about our job.

    All the best and see you soon.

    Che Bella (your "like water for chocolate" florist)

    ReplyDelete