Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dancing Choose

Now that I've got a specific dress in mind, my mind has already turned to accessories. There's a big trend right now of brides wearing colorful shoes, and I must say, it's a trend that I plan to embrace. Not sure whether the color will be marigold or green, but one of those for sure.

I'm also not sure if I'm going with flats or heels. Most people seem to argue that heels are a necessity to help remind you that it is a "special" day. But there are two major problems with wearing heels for me. First, JT is only about an inch taller than me (I'm really, really tall). So in 3-inch heels, I've got two inches over him. And secondly, heels are much harder to dance in.

Either way, I'm already finding some awesome ideas. Check out these, all from Zappos.com:



From left to right: Marc Jacobs, Diba, Sigerson Morrison.



From left to right: RSVP, DKNY, Juicy Couture

And finally, some excellent choices from J Crew:


4 comments:

  1. like i said before, since you can get away with wearing flats, it's a no-brainer! wearing gorgeous, comfortable shoes all day trumps being reminded of the day's specialness. please, like you'll need a reminder! bonus: you won't sink into the grass when you walk down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that people like to tell you that you need such-and-such item to "feel special"? Isn't the fact that you are getting married special enough? I'm totally gonna rock the flats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate McDonald TuominenApril 6, 2009 at 9:37 AM

    Candice, I love your blog and I wish it existed when I was planning my wedding. The bright colored shoes are fabulous!

    Thought you should know that the J-Crew twisted knot satin heels are horribly, horribly uncomfortable. I wore them for the ceremony and wanted to cry every second they were on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I want them to make the green flats with the pom poms in yellow. I adore them, but there's just something about yellow shoes that makes me happy. Green just can't compete.

    ReplyDelete