Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Palatable

Sorry for the absence of posts. Work has been pretty overwhelming lately, and will continue to be for at least the next week. But here's some much needed catching up.

A few weeks back, when trying to plan invitations, our wedding website, fabrics, etc., I realized that I needed to select some "official" colors. As I mentioned in a previous post, our color scheme will be green, chocolate brown, and marigold. But it seemed like a good idea to get some swatches to have a comparison point for everything.

You want to know a great place to find color swatches? Your local home improvement store! My good friend Laura and I ventured over to Home Depot's paint department on our lunch break and picked up dozens of paint chip cards in every shade of green, brown and yellow that we could find!



Looking at all these swatches also got me thinking about all the cool projects you could make with them...maybe paint sample placecards? Not something that I think we'll use, but it sure would be fun for an art-themed wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment